Hospital Manager - Barberton
Full job description
An opportunity is available for a Hospital Manager at RH Phodiclinics reporting to the responsible Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting the needs of the internal and external customers through the execution of the Hospital’s business strategy and operational objectives in growth, quality & people by leading, managing and coordinating all hospital activities..
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Ensuring effective people management by:
· Actively lead and manage hospital’s management team and ensure participation from all parties to achieve strategic objectives.
· Providing direction and inspiring positive work behaviour in the hospital.
· Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to the Hospital’s people policies and practices.
2. Effective hospital operations management through:
· Driving the optimal functioning of hospital operations, identifying and monitoring gaps and risks and implement corrective action accordingly.
· Maintaining quality patient care standards.
· Effective relationship management with doctors.
· Effective quality systems management.
· Actively lead and market quality in the hospital as it relates to staff, doctors and other stakeholders.
3. Ensuring the achievement of the hospital financial targets by:
· Preparing and monitoring annual budgets with management and implement corrective actions as required.
· Managing of revenue, cost of sales, overheads, EBITDA and working capital.
· Ensuring and driving optimal management of business governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparency and controls.
4. Effective governance and risk management by:
· Ensuring optimum management of business governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparency.
Relevant business or healthcare degree essential.
Proven leadership and general business management experience (including financial management and business planning processes) within a healthcare environment.
Knowledge of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role-players and understanding of relevant legislation.
Exposure to specialised medical services i.e. Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Basic understanding of or the ability to learn specialization fields, terminology and medical equipment.
Drive & energy
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are interested in the position and wish to apply, kindly forward your CV to :
By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent. If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV by close of business on 10 November 2023 to: email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
RH Phodiclinics is an equal opportunity employer, external candidates will also be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
RH Phodiclinic Private Hospital
Cnr Sheba and Havelock Road, Barberton, Mpumalanga, South Africa, 1300
+27 (0)13 712 4279
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Barberton, Mpumalanga: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)