SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST
Our client in the Epping area is seeking to employ a supply chain analyst
POSITION TITLE Supply Chain Analyst
LOCATION Cape Town
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As the Supply Chain Analyst, you’ll own the responsibility of streamlining the inventory planning, levels, pricing and master data by performing constant investigation and analysis into the data. You will work closely with the buyers, warehouse, factory and sales teams.
• Minimise stock out and over stock situations
• Drive proactive pricing across all product categories
• Ensure data integrity of the inventory database
• Implement efficiencies in the procurement planning strategy
• Leverage and analyse data from multiple sources to project inventory needs
• Work with Sales to determine sales projections and appropriate inventory levels required to support revenue goals
• Work closely with Purchasing team on placement of initial orders and reorders, prioritization of, and assurance of timely delivery and receipt of products
• Maintain and develop reporting, models, tools, and dashboards to proactively manage inventory forecasting
• Consistently monitor inventory levels of items to ensure stock availability and minimize excesses and backorders
• Monitor slow-moving stock and conduct sales analyses to recommend products for destruction or discontinuation
• Monitor selling prices across the entire product range to ensure anomalies are flagged and adjusted.
• Maintain selling price margins through constant communication with the sales and procurement specialists.
• Act as the data owner for all stock master data
• Serve as the central hub of communication for inventory plans and logistics
• Develop processes and tools to measure key performance indicators.
• Extract, analyse, and prepare reports to measure key supplier and internal performance-to-plan.
• Advise and support company decision-making by developing an encyclopaedic knowledge of our products and understanding of our business processes and industry trends
• Utilize strong problem-solving skills to identify areas to increase efficiency in our supply chain management processes and lead cross-functional improvement initiatives
• Develop a strong understanding of the end-to-end supply chain process to streamline communication and data flows
• You have a deep-seated passion for data, creating efficiencies, and understanding processes end-to-end
• You are a team player who communicates and works well with a wide range of people
• You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while working independently and taking initiative
• You are an expert problem solver with analytical strengths
• You have a detail-oriented mindset and proven organizational and time management skills
• You have boundless curiosity and are committed to forever learning
• Willing to work in a no frills, fit-for purpose, firm-but-fair environment.
• Value respect and teamwork.
BACKGROUND (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE)
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years’ experience in as supply chain role
• You have some experience with SQL
• Highly competent with Excel and Microsoft office.
• Experience in a wholesale/factory environment is advantageous
Should you fit the profile please email your CV to email@example.com