Cape Town - The Student Hub is a smart education company that aims to create a learner-centric education system where every learner is equipped to discover and achieve their life purpose. The Student Hub offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and rewarding. We believe in delivering work of outstanding quality and results that exceed expectations. At The Student Hub you will have every opportunity to learn, grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential.
Summary of the role
As a Project Manager at The Student Hub your role will revolve largely around communication, planning and problem-solving. You will work closely with a vast array of team members from different functions within and outside the organization.
You will oversee the overall e-learning process, including design, production, delivery, evaluation, budgeting, staffing, and scheduling. You will work with coordinators of various Content teams and will be responsible for leading our Content teams to deliver our educational products on time, within scope and budget through daily management of timelines, creative problem solving and stakeholder management. You will play a crucial role in the student’s learning journey by ensuring content of the highest standard is developed.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
-Manage detailed daily communication with internal and external project stakeholders at all levels.
-Lead, manage and motivate the Content teams as they work towards delivering the end-product.
-Design project plans and work breakdown structures.
-Draft and update project documents including budgets, project plans, communications plans and resource reports.
-Run daily and weekly status meetings with project teams to measure and track project progress.
-Deliver projects on time and within budget.
-Creative problem-solving, scenario planning and change management.
-Drive improvement in delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
-Guide the approval process, including obtaining feedback from evaluations and implementing revisions.
-Manage deliverables and timelines with the content team, publishers and other stakeholders to ensure alignment with project timelines.
-Work closely with college stakeholders to build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships that aid in solidifying our partnerships.
-Create a collaborative culture within the Content team.
Process Improvement and Collaboration
-Contribute to the overall success and growth of the Content team through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
-Collaborate with team members from multiple functions to refine and improve processes.
• An undergraduate qualification with 3+ years’ work experience of which at least 2 years’ experience in a Project Management environment
• 2-3 years of people management experience
• 1-2 years of professional experience in higher education advantageous
• Experience managing and/or working with budgets
• Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite
• Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work in a collaborative environment demonstrating strong skills in facilitation and influencing
• Good leadership and persuasion skills
• Attention to the right detail
• Ability to organise, prioritize and allocate workload
• Creative problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Ability to be flexible and deal with change constructively – as a rapidly growing company, change, and the ability to adapt to change, is inherently part of our culture
• Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships effectively
• Previous exposure to Learning Design and supporting Technologies, or an enthusiasm to learn
• Able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment