● Take ownership and responsibility for front-end deliverables on projects, which includes responsibility for quality and timely delivery.
● Assist in defining coding standards.
● Test driven approaches.
● Drive efficiencies across the FE stack.
● Assist development guilds.
● Speaking into, with guidance from the Development Manager - hiring, career planning, training and development, team mentorship (interns, junior and mid-level developers) and morale management.
● Assist in estimations of scoped projects, guide the discussions around sufficient requirements to support the SDLC.
● Any experience with TDD would be an advantage.
● Scrum will be used as a base for the workflow.
● Git workflow with good code review practice.
● Tools used: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Tempo plugin, Slack.
● Close collaboration with the Dev manager and various PM/Scrum Masters and developers.
● Train and share knowledge with team of developers
● Completed Degree in Computer Science, equivalent qualification and / or relevant experience.
● At least 5-6 years of solid Front-End development experience, of which at least 2 years has been at a senior front-end dev level and at least 1 year in a team leadership / mentorship role.
● Experience in the FinTech / FinServe industry is highly advantageous.
● A comprehensive and holistic understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
● Proven track record of mentoring interns, junior and mid-level developers.
● Experience in defining development processes and structures.
● A high level of attention to detail and great organizational abilities are a prerequisite to succeeding in this role.