Cape Town - Great opportunity at a top hotel for an experienced Concierge
Excellent Salary - to be discussed during the interview
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
· Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g. transportation, reservations, dry cleaning) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers.
· Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction. Gather, summarize, and provide information to guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities.
· Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Contact appropriate individual or departments (e.g. restaurant, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or challenges.
· Being an efficient link between the guests and other departments of the hotel.
· Handle mails from agents and guests and reply promptly with various requests in a professional and efficient manner. Recommend restaurants, shopping locations, galleries and other places of interest for the guests in the area.
· Ensure that the needs and requests of hotel guests are met, and that each guest has a memorable stay. The hotel concierge is expected to be an expert on his/her local area.
· Develop and sustain relationships with suppliers in order to facilitate the fulfilment of guests' requests.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Grade 12 or equivalent,
· A Hospitality Management qualification is a strong recommendation.
· Proven abilities in:
o Excellent written and verbal communication with people on all levels
o Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
o Experienced in Property Management Systems, i.e. Fidelio Opera, MS word, Excel advantageous.
o Developing and nurturing interpersonal relationships (with guests, suppliers and colleagues alike)
o Willingness to serve
o Experience in the Front of House department of the hospitality industry.
· Demonstrated Proficiency in English (Verbal, Written, Reading), excellent written and verbal communication with people on all levels.
· Conversational proficiency on another language a recommendation.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Strong administration skills
· Self starter
· Have the ability to work under pressure.
· Enjoy anticipating and exceeding guest expectations.