BI Devevloper - Pretoria
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform functions from analysis through implementation, support and troubleshooting
• Gather user requirements.
• Data modelling.
• Set up & deploy the BI tool
• Design BI reports & dashboards
• Perform project-type work.
• Participate in day-to-day operations with team
• Share knowledge with other team members & end users in the business, through training and documentation.
• Ensure that information is delivered on time & in line with SLAs
• Perform data validation & ensure that information supplied to users is properly balanced compared to data .
• Adhere to policies, processes and standards in general & specifically for information security
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Training in Microsoft SQL Server, Power BI & statistics/accounting.
Certificates/diplomas related to financial services .
• 5 yrs exp as a BI Developer.
• 2 yrs exp in the financial services industry
• 2 yrs exposure to the short-term insurance industry.
• Hands-on involvement in a financial transaction processing system/reporting system.
• Exp in the SQL Server stack
• Reporting & data modelling
• Power BI.
• Demonstrable knowledge of SDL cycle models
• Good knowledge of technology environments
• Above-average knowledge of Excel (including macros)
• Strong appreciation of information security concepts.
• Programming exp.
• Basic knowl of database administration.