Midrand - Part-time Grade 12 IT Teacher. This role may allow for a full-time post in the future.
Applicant must have relevant teaching diploma and several years experience in teaching in a similar role.
As part of the teaching team, plan, prepare and present interesting, exciting lessons that:
* Build on concepts that students have learnt earlier to link knowledge
* Cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class
* Allow for the progression for all students
• Establish a teaching environment that is nurturing in nature and promotes learning
• Take responsibility for evaluating teaching and professional improvement
• Behave in a professional manner with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework of students
• Evaluate, reflect on and refine their teaching practice
• Arrive timeously for each lesson, teach for the full scheduled time; never leave classes unattended
• Update inventory of resources for assigned class/subject/activity and manage assigned budget
• Provide extra lessons when required for students who are struggling academically at no extra cost
• Teach extra lessons to students when required on two afternoons per week
• Adhere to all mandatory report deadlines
• Produce documents for students of a high standard
• Ensure that all videos/DVD’s shown to students are appropriate for the age group concerned
• Respond to emails and telephone messages from parents within 24 hours
• Show loyalty to all aspects of Reddford House
• Refrain from divulging confidential information relating to the School or its students to any unauthorised person at any time.
• Maintain professional boundaries with parents and students alike, and always be professional in one’s conduct
Ability to role model, plan, organise and report, with good time management and communication skills.