MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The General Office Supervisor (GOS), supervises the day to day functions of a high quality, impact driven training company, focusing on client service excellence, ensures proper flow of office procedures, and supports the office directors and management by carrying out general office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
• Student management & Scheduling
• Keep appropriate records of official implementation plans and administer and update logistic arrangements
• Keep appropriate records of official implementation plans and administer and update logistic arrangements, and schedules for service delivery in accordance with the most current company standards
• Administer resources appropriately ensuring a match to projects according to client requirements and standards.
• Draft, format, and print relevant documents.
• Interact with directors and carry out their requests
• Create agendas and take meeting notes and minute as required
• Maintain up to date data, information and documentation, and ensure it is easy to retrieve as
• Record and capture information accurately in company approved logic/filing conventions
• Ensure proper and accurate recording of attendance, for tracking also compile relevant documentation and data for reports and audits
• Prepare data, information packs and give input in preparation for client, Management, host employer
• Schedule and coordinate site visits at clients and host employer as required
• Communicate with relevant agencies to produce travel itinerary for Management, worker and learner events
• Arrange meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and planning refreshments
• Ensure and participate in planning and arrangement of events, including organizing catering
• Attend to communication for proper liaison between various stakeholders including client, Management, Academic staff and host employers where relevant
• Professionally flag problems, including risk workers, Learners and schedule remedial action and or counselling with appropriate stake holders on- board students
• File student records and results on various platforms
• Submit progress reports to management
• Conduct all admin for programme/project/learner registration with relevant SETA as required by management in accordance with specific SETA criteria and relevant regulations
• Adhere to deadlines in information and reports requirements and execute handling professionally and in accordance with contract obligations/SLAs and agreed standard.
• Assist management and other staff to ensure compliance with applicable policies, and legislation
• Collaborate with management, and other stakeholders, adhere to and maintain site environment/safety requirements to ensure both personal wellbeing and productivity.
• Handle Minor financial transaction for the office, such as payment of supplier’s invoices, client billing and related documentation payments and deposits as required
• Submit quotes to clients based on generic programs Manage Petty cash daily
• Manage the handling of special deliveries
• Supervise overall cost effectiveness
• Adhere to required labour laws and related policies and procedures as per HR policies and guides/templates
• Maintain accurate records for junior office staff’s leave requirements and any other HR related tasks
• Approval of leave of junior office staff
• Professional Interaction with all External stakeholder: Suppliers and independent contractors
• Coordinate contract formulation and sign off
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio or similar)
• Proficiency in the English Language
• Problem-solving, solution-seeking orientation and goal-orientated
• Demonstrated track record of the ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently
• Good interpersonal and time management skills
• Reliability and discretion: be able to maintain confidential matters
• Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
• Organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
• Budgeting skills
• Attention to detail.
• Be customer service orientated
• Be able to drive, source and deliver office/training supplies
Education and Experience
• Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent
• Project Management Certificate will be advantageous
• Sound knowledge on the SETA’s/training legislation,
• Have an understanding of assessment and moderation processes.
• ETDP qualification will be advantageous
• At least 4 years’ experience in a training environment or similar
Application Closing Date: 26.04.2019
Start Date: 01.06.2019
The company reserves the right to add, modify or remove this position at its sole discretion
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.